What do we believe?
We believe there are some basic parts of the Christian faith that aren't negotiable--like Jesus being God. We also know that good Christians disagree on some points of doctrine, and we don't want to get hung up on those.
"In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, charity. In all things, Jesus Christ." -- Chrysostom
So here, in a nutshell, is what we believe:
- God created all things and He exists in three equally divine persons--Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The Bible, as it was first written, is God's word and is completely true, accurate, and reliable
- Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin (Mary), lived a perfect life, was crucified, then rose from the dead as he promised
- The Holy Spirit lives in believers, helping us strive for godliness
- Accepting Jesus Christ is the only way for us to be freed from our sins
- Water baptism and the Lord's Supper are important parts of the faith, but not a way to be free from sin
- Jesus is coming again soon
- When He comes or when we die, we will go to heaven or hell
If you want all the theological details, check out the: